Want to learn how to get rid of dark circles under the eyes?Â ShadowsÂ can be very lowering for a personâ€™s self-esteem. This is why they should be eliminated as soon as they appear.
What are the Causes of Dark Under-Eye Circles?
Prior to understanding how to remove dark circles under the eyes, people first have to know exactly why these circles appear. One of the most common beliefs is that they appear due to lack of sleep â€“ but this is actually an indirect conclusion.Â
The truth is that dark circles appear due to fatigue, stressing the eyes and causing the skin to slacken. Aside from that, following are other causes of the phenomenon and how to remedy the condition.
Retention of water causes the skin to puff out, making the veins stand out and discoloration to occur. This can be caused by a lot of things, the most common being hormonal changes in women. Bad exercise habits and even a bad diet could also lead to this problem.
Eye irritation can be triggered by a lot of things such as contact with dust mites or perhaps eating food types that a person is allergic to. This irritation leads to the puffiness of the eyesÂ as well as discoloration â€“ hence theÂ dark under-eye circles.
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles
There are lots of methods available today for the treatment of the condition. Following are some of the most effective and widely used strategies today.
- Cucumber Slices - Cut two slices of cucumber and place them on the eyes. The cucumber will be able to reduce the blackness and puffiness of the skin. Make sure to lie down during this time, keeping the eyes closed for maximum absorption. Do this daily for about ten to fifteen minutes each day. After a week, results would become evident.
- Using Make Up - An excellent method on how to get rid ofÂ shadowsÂ is by using make up. If the discoloration is not that dark, a well chosen foundation is sufficient enough to hide the problem. Of course, this is a temporary solution and an attempt to permanently remove the circles should still be present.
- Tea Bags â€“ An excellent way ofÂ how to reduce dark circlesÂ is by soaking them in warm tea bags. Simply dunk the tea in warm water, allow them to soak and gently place on the eyes for 10 to 15 minutes. This should be done on a daily basis.
Preventing Dark Circles
Learning the various treatment methods is not enough. Ideally, individuals should also know how to prevent the unsightly appearances in the first place. Keep in mind that once these circles appear, it would take weeks for them to disappear again. That being said, following are some tips on preventing and treating the condition permanently.
- Get Enough Rest â€“ Make sure to catch hours of sleep each day since fatigue is one of the most common causes of dark circles. By going through the complete 8 hours, the body would be given enough time to regenerate and resist any irritants that might cause puffiness. This is by far the most effective method known.
- Live a Healthy Lifestyle â€“ One of the most ignored methods of how to remove of dark circles is living a healthy lifestyle. Most people forget that the skin â€“ just like any other organ â€“ gets sustenance from food. Hence, good skin necessitates eating healthy items such as fruits and vegetables. Drinking lots of water will also help flush out toxins from the body.
Of course, those arenâ€™t the only tips you can use to treat the condition. Essentially, individuals should find out exactly what is causing the problem and address the source. For example, the best method on how to get rid of dark circles caused by allergies is identifying and avoiding the allergen.